Sunday, August 20, 2006

And They Say Crime Doesn't Pay

Forgive me for not blogging about something appetizing today, but I am still in the hospital, far from my kitchen and farther still from feeling inspiration today. The good news is that I am finally going home on Saturday. The bad news is that I have much to do in the way of re-arranging and adapting my kitchen and cooking habits to my existing limitations. I know I will do it, but it seems like a big job at the moment!

Anyway, in reading the Sunday papers, I just couldn't let this choice little morsel of food news get away. Jocelyn Gecker of Associated Press reported that John Mark Karr, the self-described killer of JonBenet Ramsay:
...sipped champagne and ate fried king prawns in business class Sunday after being put aboard a flight to Los Angeles to face charges in the United States....

Before takeoff, Karr took a glass of champagne from a flight attendant and clinked glasses with [an investigator with the Boulder District Attorney's office], who sipped orange juice.

Dinner on board, served on a starched white tablecloth, was one many passengers would envy. Karr started with a pate, then had a green salad with walnut dressing. The main course was fried king prawn with steamed rice and broccoli. Karr drank a beer, crushing the can with his hands when it was empty, then moved on to a glass of French chardonnay with his main course.

Nothing like bread and water, is it?

6 Comments:

Blogger Garrett said...

*HUG*

12:28 PM  
Blogger Willa Frank said...

oh, garrett, you are such a sweetheart. i saw my lovely italian neurosurgeon this morning and he said my followup MRI looks good, but there's still blood to be re-absorbed. still, he didn't see any abnormality which might require surgery so... :-))))))

i am happy!!!!

1:45 PM  
Blogger drbiggles said...

Aw, claptrap. I just typed in a nice long comment and blogger shut down on me. I'll do my best here ...

Don't forget to watch Bourdain's Beirut show tonight, if'n you get the travel channel there. If you're anything like our local hospital's tv's, the answer is NO. So, make some calls and get someone to record it for ya. It may be worth watching.
And while Meathenge is taking a long snooze, I've been busy. Took a delivery of 320 pounds of fancy cooking wood charcoal stuff. The funny thing is, neither the wife or kidlets have mentioned the pile, yet. Crazy ol' Papa.
Well, it looks as though your brain is coming right along. You'll do fine, we're pullin' for ya.

Biggles

(copy/paste/save)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Willa Frank said...

dear biggles,

oh, you made me drool [how attractive!] at the mention of all that charcoal-y stuff. i love me some GOOD BBQ and grilled ANYthing!

and you are sooo right -- we have only the most terrible assortment of channels from Direct TV here and the travel channel ain't among 'em. but i WILL alert a friend who just might have it...AND her dad's family was from lebanon and she loves bourdain, so just maybe!

6:47 PM  
Blogger drbiggles said...

Hay,

The show turned out well, me thinks. I remember Tony's first few shows on the travel channel. He seemed out of place and you could see where he was passionate about food, but then lost when talking about history, people and places. Not any more, nope. He's so much cooler and nicer to listen to than some old stodgy news reporter.
In any case, it was a worth while show and am damned sure you'll be able to catch reruns at any time.

Biggles

1:46 PM  
Blogger Willa Frank said...

dear Biggles,

still am waiting to find out whether said friend followed through or not -- but even so, i'd imagine all such delectable offerings will eventually make their way to DVD and then to me via netflix (my current object of desire!)

:-))

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home