Friday, August 25, 2006

A Quiet Evening with Monk, Chips on the Side


So. It's Friday night and my last in the captivity of a hospital (I hope!) And instead of making an appearance at the Blue Wisp and paying respects to the memory of my late friend, Marjean, I will be taking to my bed for a long evening of bad cable television options and snacks. There will be no fragrant glass of Cotes du Rhone for me; no warm onion naan to snack on. Instead I find my libation to be just a lonely can of warm Coke Zero and its natural accompaniment, chips. But for this special night, not just any chips, my friend. Chips from as close as I will get to Martha's Vineyard this year: Cape Cod Old Fashioned Kettle-Cooked Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Potato Chips! To quote the company's website: "...the ultimate in gourmet indulgence..." -- and why not? They will undoubtedly be the perfect snack for watching the series finale of Monk, a show which has definitely grown on me since I've been here.

And I am really going to miss him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home