Friday, September 08, 2006

Gordon Ramsay at the London

Yes, my little chickadees, I can't help myself. I needed a little injection of Gordo gossip right about now - and where should I find it, but in the old grey lady herself, The New York Times. According to Michael Ruhlman's lengthy article Gordon Ramsay Takes Manhattan, Tiptoeing, He Says:
Gordon Ramsay at the London, a 45-seat restaurant with four-star ambitions, is scheduled to open in Midtown in November, along with the London Bar, a more casual place with 95 seats. They will both be at London NYC, the $75 million renovation of the Rihga Royal on West 54th Street. Chris Hutcheson, the chief executive of Gordon Ramsay Holdings and Mr. Ramsay’s father-in-law, said they are investing $5 million to $6 million in the project, their most expensive endeavor.

"This is not going to be some consultancy that I’m going to be appearing here for the next three weeks and you won’t be seeing me till next July," Mr. Ramsay said, speaking from a hotel room in Norfolk, England, where he was finishing up the third season of the television series "Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares." He said he would be at the restaurant for 10-day stretches with 3-day breaks in London, at least until the new year.

"I'm not trying to take New York by storm,"he said. "I just want to sneak in there, keep my head down, batten down the hatches and cook."

And lest you have any notion of photo-blogging your dinner, beware! " 'Mr. Ramsay described the food only as “very natural” and “very proper,” adding that any patron trying to take pictures of it would be banned.

'We’re not going to stand there and gawk,' he said."

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Barry said...

I miss HELL'S KITCHEN...

7:45 PM  
Blogger Willa Frank said...

me, too. i wish i had cable so maybe i could see "the F word". not sure whether BBC america or the food channel carries it though...

guess it's time for another quiet evening in bed with Cheaters, Cops, and America's Most Wanted! (glad to see they finally caught bucky!)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home