Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's Kroger's pie for me, dear Palate...


...and today, by way of the online flyer, that means a lovely bakery peach-raspberry one. Raspberry hybrid pies seem to be in the aether these days, just a day after you mentioned that slice of raspberry cherry. Your post about your spiced raspberry pie really got to me, I must say. I know how you enjoy those "Martha moments" when lattice-making really floats your boat. In fact, maybe I should put one of these little toys on your Christmas list: from one of our favorite blogs, The Book of Joe, a Pie Crust Lattice Cutter!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I was in Kroger's yesterday and they're pushing this new product like crack. The addicts look different, but they were lined up on the "comeback" to their dealer, a lovely coiffed woman who was serving it up in little plastic cups and with a tiny spoon. I managed to do a wide hip swinging maneuver (not being crack addict thin myself) and got into line before a largish woman who was gunning for seconds. I can testify that it is scrumpdidliumptious. A fine pairing of tart and sweet and it does it for me like the odious rhubarb never could.

Nina

9:44 AM  
Blogger Garrett said...

I will send the book to you as soon as possible! It's been hectic here! *huggle*

1:49 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

I will send the book to you as soon as possible! It's been hectic here! *huggle*

1:50 PM  
Blogger Willa Frank said...

dear ninotchka,

i can honestly say i am enjoying every bite! :-))

dear garrett,

i've been watching your blog, bebe, and can see your hectic life in a virtual way. i await the tread of the postman on my porch patiently. i'm not going anywhere anytime soon! :-))

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home