Sunday, September 03, 2006

Looking for a recipe manager?

I don't know about you, but I am always looking for good free software, so when I came across this little item I thought I'd hit the jackpot.

Computer diva Kim Komando, a voice I hear with some frequency as I tune my radio in and out of distant signals on the weekend, has a great website with a lot of free or shareware program downloads. This one, titled Gourmet Recipe Manager, resides at SourceForge.net and offers versions for both PC and Mac (yay!!). Here's Kim's description:
Gourmet Recipe Manager helps you put all your recipes in one place without a mess of paper. But it does more than simply store your recipes.

The most convenient feature of Gourmet Recipe Manager is its search. You can search for recipes by titles, categories (like soups or desserts) or ingredients. You can even search for words in the recipes' cooking instructions if you remember nothing else. It's definitely faster than a box of recipe cards!

The other handy feature is the shopping list creator. First, enter the basic ingredients that you've got at home. Then select one or more recipes you'd like to use. Gourmet Recipe Manager will automatically put together a list of ingredients you'll need to buy. And it keeps the list simple by adding overlapping recipe ingredients together.

When you download from SourceForge, be sure to select the right file for Windows. Look for the ".exe" at the end of the file name. If you are using a Mac, look for the "tar.gz" at the end of the file name.

Cost:Free

To download, click here.

I'm getting ready to play with this soon! Let me know your experiences with it, ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home