Monday, September 18, 2006

Trader Joe's Manna from Ruth

Since I am having to rely upon the kindness of friends to make grocery runs for me these days, I was especially happy when Ruth announced she needed to make a TJ's run for some more Ruby Red Chai Tea - and what would I like for her to pick up for me! Here's a partial list, along with local prices which, for the most part have only changed maybe 10 cents over 2 years. With raindrops pinging on my window air conditioner, a harbinger of the autumn cold front we're expecting to come through tonight, I am content to know that, safely tucked away in my kitchen, I have two quart size Tyvek containers of Trader Joe's Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. Soup so good, it needs no cracker sidekick to make it satisfying! The partial list:

Organic Salad Microgreens ($2.49)
TJ Frozen Key Lime Pie Cheesecake, 18 oz. ($3.99) so rich - a little slice will do ya!
TJ Frozen Chicken Masala w/Brown Rice ($2.49)
Frozen Maryland Style Crabcakes, 2/package ($2.99)
TJ Triple Ginger Snap Cookies, 14 oz. ($3.49) omigod--fabulous!
TJ Frozen Shrimp Gyoza Potstickers ($3.29)
Green Tea Gelato, 1 pint ($2.99)
TJ Tiramisu Gelato, 30 oz. ($3.49)
TJ Dijon Mustard, 13 oz. ($2.29)
TJ Italian Sourdough Sliced Bread ($2.79)
TJ Pains au Chocolat, 3/package ($2.99) great frozen, then nuked for 30 seconds
TJ Water Crackers ($1.29) compares favorably to Carr's at half the price!
TJ Lavender Sachet Dryer Bags, 4/pack ($3.69)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Barry said...

yum yum...you have made your at home meals into gourmet treats. you inspire me to be more creative. glad you got some goodies. enjoy.

7:49 AM  
Blogger JoyBugaloo said...

Oh, how I ADORE Trader Joe's! Wonderful, unusual products at unbelievable prices. Too bad the closest one to me is about five hours away! :-( But I always work it into my travel/vacation plans!

--Gina
www.lindseysluscious.blogspot.com

1:53 PM  
Blogger Willa Frank said...

dear lynn,

oh, if only i could say i was really having gourmet meals--homemade ones, to boot! but at least TJ's makes a nice change of pace for my challenged cooking style these days!

dear Gina,

i know what you mean about Trader Joe's. i find myself googling for more info about things people are talking about, hoping to discover something else i may have missed--like those incredible Triple Ginger Snaps -- with fresh, ground, and crystallized ginger. ohhhhh. to die for! ;-)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home