Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Purple Tomatillos

Dearest,

I don't know if you know much about tomatillos, as I recall you are not a fan of things south of the border, except for a few tawdry tales about which you have made reference in jazz clubs. I planted a purple variety this year. Unlike the green variety that I planted last year. They are now coming in in droves looking like plums with paper husks. Last year I waited for the green ones to turn yellow so they were quite sweet. With these the darker the color the sweeter the veggie-fruit. Anyway, I am trying to figure out something to do with them other than salsa or a sauce, which is what I made last year. I'm stumped - there aren't many options I can find on the web for what to do with large amounts of them. Have I asked you this before? Is it a yearly question for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home